Writer of Technology
- MediaElement.js Universal HTML5 audio and video player with Flash and Silverlight plugins for older browsers.
- BlogEngine.NET Contributor to ASP.NET blogging tool that’s easy to customize and doesn’t require a database.
- bib.ly Bible reference shortener (http://bib.ly/Mk5:35) and Bible text popups (1 Chr. 11:22) for any site.
- NIV 1984 vs. NIV2011 Exhausive comparison of NIV(1984), tNIV(2005), and NIV(2011).
- Online Education Player A video player with synced transcripts and slides in English, Arabic, Chinese, and Spanish.
- Trey Hill Photographs One of the most talented story tellers I've had the pleasure of meeting.
- Living with the Trinity Google Maps Flash API work for KERA (Dallas' NPR affiliate) on Texas' main water sources.
- Best Commentaries Averages reviews and ratings of thousands of biblical commentaries and theological works.
- Bible Web App Greek and Hebrew study tools with other experiments in digital Bible technology.
- Coloring Hebrew Vowels and Accents in HTML/CSS5/18/2013
- This Site Best Viewed in Google Glass4/17/2013
- Drawing 3D Objects and Buildings on Google Maps2/11/2013
- How to Create a Responsive, Retina-ready Website9/12/2012
- HTML5 Video Wrapper for YouTube and Vimeo API – MediaElement.js11/28/2011
- Pinbox.js – Photos Then and Now (jQuery plugin)11/2/2011
- Getting Counts for Twitter Links, Facebook Likes/Shares, and Google (+1) PlusOnes in C# or PHP6/7/2011
Writer on Technology
BooksFrom the Garden to the City Release: August 2011, Kregel
John is the unusual person who is as expert in information technology as he is familiar with the Bible, and he is even more unusual in being able to move to and fro with ease and come up with striking and helpful insights. His voice, though gentle, speaks with authority.
— Albert Borgmann
Barnes & Noble
- Not Many of You Should Presume to Be Bloggers: How social media changed theological debateChristianity Today (web)03/11/2011
- The Virtualization of CultureChristianity Todayforthcoming
- How to Handle Luddites in the ChurchCollide Magazine01/12/2011
- Information Needs a Compass Not a ClockCollide Magazine05/05/2010
- It’s 2010, Where’s My JetpackCollide Magazine02/05/2010
- I Will Remember Your Tweets No MoreCollide Magazine01/12/2010
- The Best and the Worst New Tech: What You Least ExpectChristianity Today11/17/2009
Don't Eat the Fruit
- Texas Bible (plugin): Fixing the Second Person Plural Problem One Website at a Time5/24/2013
- Seminary Chapels on Technology, Theology, Culture, and Ministry5/21/2013
- Interview with BigBible.org.uk5/15/2013
- Beautiful Collection of Ancient Bibles on Display in Dallas, TX5/10/2013
- DJ Chuang on Social Media Church5/6/2013
- Where Are Rob Bell’s Glasses?4/8/2013
- St. Peter’s Square: 2005 vs. 20133/14/2013
- How Google Hacked Our Imaginations with #IfIHadGlass3/10/2013
- Awesomely Awkward Technology Poses2/19/2013
- A Technology Consumption Resolution1/3/2013